Maybe you have been searching for where you can get an abortion, and you found this article. You may be overwhelmed. Or maybe you do not know why you need an ultrasound. Perhaps you took a pregnancy test, and it read positive. You’re thinking abortion is the best option for you because, perhaps, the coronavirus turned everything upside down. Maybe you’ve recently moved, or your health is not the best. Or, you lost your job. Or, you don’t care for the guy who got you pregnant. Everyone needs someone to listen to them and to care for them. That is why we are here. We want to help you make the best decision for you and your future. So, while you’re figuring out what BEST is for you and your future, see what next steps you will need to take BEFORE you make a final decision.
A lab-quality pregnancy test
You may have taken an at-home pregnancy test, but the pregnancy tests we offer are 99% accurate as well as more sensitive than home pregnancy tests. Sometimes, if your hormones are high, you can get a false reading.
Why get an ultrasound if you’re considering an abortion? Excellent question! There are several reasons to get an ultrasound other than the fact that many states require you to get an ultrasound before an abortion. These are some of the reasons why:
· To find out if your pregnancy is viable. Sometimes a pregnancy test detects a positive reading, but when an ultrasound is performed, the fetal heartbeat is unable to be detected.
· To learn how far along you are in your pregnancy. Often, our patients come in thinking they’re farther along than they are, or vice versa. To know what type of abortion you need, you will need to know how far along you are in your pregnancy.
· To ensure the pregnancy is in the uterus. A pregnancy that is not in the uterus is called an Ectopic Pregnancy. According to the Mayo Clinic, an ectopic pregnancy can’t proceed normally. The fertilized egg can’t survive, and the growing tissue may cause life-threatening bleeding if left untreated.
· To discover if you’re miscarrying. The other reason we recommend an ultrasound is that according to March of Dimes, as many as half of all pregnancies may end in miscarriage. If your body terminates the pregnancy on its own, you will not need to get an abortion. You could potentially save yourself hundreds of dollars by getting an ultrasound done now.
· Presence of more than one fetus. Often, our medical professionals discover that our patients are carrying twins. Again, if you’re leaning towards an abortion, whether you’re carrying one or two ‘fetuses will be something you need to know.
Next Step: making an appointment
Our last suggested step is to make an appointment. Before you stress the cost, we want to reassure you that our first appointment is free and confidential. We know this is a private matter and all information discussed is kept completely confidential. You make the decision whether to share with family or friends. We are solely here to help care for YOU!