“Mental illness is not a personal failure. In fact, if there is a failure, it is to be found in the way we have responded to people with mental and brain disorders.” ~ Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Director-General of WHO
Did you know that one in five US adults will suffer from a mental health condition during their lifetime? In addition to this statistic, countless family members and friends will be affected in the process. On any level, mental illness is difficult to live with, whether it’s mild anxiety or depression, or it’s Schizophrenia. Mental illness can be completely draining and exhausting to the individual struggling and the family member or friend.
Approximately 50 percent of youths age eight to fifteen, and 60 percent of adults with mental illness report they didn’t receive mental health services in the previous year. This may have been because of the lack of affordable access to mental health services, insurance, or other factors. We don’t want this to be you or your loved one.
Don’t try to bear this alone.
We ALL have to watch and be aware of our mental wellness. Depending on how we handle things or take care of ourselves, we can either decline in our wellness or progress in health. Regardless of where you (or your loved one) may fall on the mental illness spectrum, you (or your family member/friend) matter and you’re worth the care it takes to find balance in your mind and body.
In a season where everything is uncertain, seeking counseling can be vital to one’s health. We understand that there will be days when it’s just hard to get out of bed, let alone get through the day. But sometimes knowing someone is in the trenches with you gives you the courage to keep pressing on.
This is why Marisol Health wants to stress the importance of raising awareness about mental health. We also want you or your loved one to know that we offer compassionate care at Marisol Health. We want you to have access to affordable, psychological counseling for you and your family members.
Are you struggling with the following?
- Excessive worrying or fear
- Excessively sad or low in spirit
- Confused thinking or problems concentrating and learning
- Extreme mood changes
- Prolonged or intense feelings of irritability or anger
- Avoiding friends and social activities
- Difficulties understanding or relating to other people
- Changes in sleeping habits or feeling tired and low energy
- Changes in eating habits such as increased hunger or lack of appetite
- Changes in sex drive
- Difficulty perceiving reality
- Inability to recognize changes in one’s feelings, behavior or personality
- Overuse of substances like alcohol or drugs
- Multiple physical ailments without obvious causes (such as headaches, stomach aches, vague and ongoing “aches and pains”)
- Thinking about suicide
- Inability to carry out daily activities or handle everyday problems and stress
- Intense fear of weight gain or concern with appearance
Marisol Health seeks to treat the whole person. If you struggle with any of these symptoms, please contact us today at 303-731-6130 or click here to make an appointment online. We are here to make sure you get connected to the right resource and walk with you along the way!