2020 has unintentionally started many, many trends! Virtual everything from Zoom meetings to WFH to online family gatherings, and so on. How about we intentionally set a new trend in 2021? What do you say we put our health and wellness first?! Let’s start by making good decisions that are healthy for us in 2021!
Here are several tips on making your wellness a top priority this year:
- Have you heard the saying, “It’s not what you do in the gym, it’s what you do in the kitchen”? Well, that’s true! Abs ARE made in the kitchen. So, starting to be more aware of what you’re prepping and what you’re eating is a great step in focusing on your health. We aren’t saying that you have to eat salads for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seriously, you can eat foods that are good for you and still enjoy eating. Pinterest has many, many great recipes and healthy substitutions. PRO TIP: sneak veggies in wherever you can! If you make a morning smoothie, throw in kale or spinach, even a little avocado, and it can give your fruit a hardier taste – it will even stick with you longer and you won’t be hungry so soon after burning the sugary carbs off.
- Workout when you can. You don’t have to set unobtainable goals for yourself like working out 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just commit and start small! Maybe you can only workout 2-3 times a week, 20 minutes a day. Guess what? That is perfect! Just do something, and we promise over time, you will make a change and see positive improvements towards your health. As 2-3x becomes a habit, you can up the number of times you workout each week.
- Smile and be kind. Mental health is just as important as your physical health. Being kind and putting a smile on your face goes a very long way and WILL impact those around you. As you are smiling and making the environment you’re in a better place, you will notice that the happiness you radiate will spread to those around you. Who doesn’t want to be surrounded by happiness and kind people all around? We aren’t saying you have to be fake, but we can all come up with at least five things we are happy about, so when things are rough, focus on the good. Focus on what you are thankful for.
- Get outside. This is huge for your mental health. Sunlight and vitamin D can go a very long way. Taking a couple minute break to walk outside, take a deep breath, forget about all of your problems, and breathing fresh air can fix many things. This will also help maintain mental health.
- Do things you enjoy. It’s a new year and you deserve to capitalize on your happiness. Do you enjoy reading? Then you should read! If you enjoy spending time alone, find some time in the day to meditate and be alone. If you enjoy getting outside, gardening, walking, calling friends or family, or even DIY projects, we fully support you! If you spend more time doing the things you enjoy, you’re guaranteed to be happier and live a more positive life.
So, what do you say, let’s make 2021 a great year for our health?! WE CAN DO IT!