Over the past year and a half, we have lived in a world that is new to all of us. No one was taught how to live in a pandemic, especially in the year 2020. Unfortunately, the world hasn’t gone back to “normal”, and we aren’t sure if it will.
However, now your health is as important as ever. Not just trying to avoid COVID and stay healthy, but it’s also so important to focus on your mental health. As we continue to be cautious, maintain distance when possible, and encourage virtual visiting, focusing on staying healthy is crucial. Here are several things to keep in mind as we move forward in this “new normal”.
- Get moving! You don’t have to move your body intensely every single day, but we do suggest some form of activity – even if it’s a light walk or jog. Just being active for 20-30 minutes a day can make a big difference. As your body exercises and produces endorphins, you’ll naturally feel good and this rush of hormones will boost your energy and mindset.
- Enjoy the sun. Although it’s important to go out in the sun, we first want to mention that it’s important to practice sun safety, especially as we are in one of the warmest months we experience in Colorado. Now, once you make sure you’re set to be safe in the sun, get out and let your body absorb some natural vitamin D.
- Talk with your friends. Although we’re encouraged to still be smart and distance when possible, make sure you still stay social and don’t seclude yourself. If it means a phone call conversation once or twice a week with a friend or family member, make it happen. You can do it!
- Deep breaths. Sometimes we get into a moment, possibly a stressful one at times, and we forget the importance of simply breathing. If you experience a moment or moments of anxiety, and you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t forget to just breathe. Take deep breaths in and out. We assure you, it’ll help calm you and bring your blood pressure down.
- Give us a call. At Marisol Health, we care about you and your health. It’s our top priority, it’s what we strive to do every day. If you are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and want to know your options, along with talk through your situation, we are here for you. We know your situation is unique and we are here to listen.
Stay healthy, get outside, and make yourself a priority!